Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Clean Slate

Well Bloggers,

It's been a while, I've decided to upgrade the blog and delete all the old posts. A clean slate if you will, in my cathartic process. It's August, you know, the beloved back to school time. Excitement is in the air, there is a sense of nervousness for the big first day. I'm glad to say that this year I will not be joining in with that particular feeling. It's my last year of school probably ever, and I'm really not even going to classes any longer.
It's a strange feeling knowing that I have only 275 days left before I graduate. I can't help to think of what will come next? Joining the real world is probably the scariest thing right now. I literally just signed up for a 401 K today...who does that? I feel that the world of "college and irresponsibility" is slowly escaping me and the world of "let's pay your school loans and get a real job" is rapidly approaching.
I'm going to be honest, I had kind of a rough year this past year. I'm hoping that this last and final year will make up for it. With a boyfriend moving 3,000 miles away, trying to pass all my classes, dealing with the fact that my family forbids me to move 3,000 miles away; I've had my fair share of white hairs and tears. I'm in the process of a complete catharsis. I'm trying to eliminate all the negative out of my life and focus on the good. I have plenty of faults, and yes I've pushed people away, I've burned bridges, I didn't keep in touch, and I didn't reach out a hand when I should have. I could have done better and I could have done a lot worse. I'm only human and I know myself and I know I have a hard time dealing with life. Sometimes I become "the ostrich" and bury my head in a hole until I can figure my life out. Haven't we all done that?
I'm just very thankful that I am blessed with people in my life that love me and deal with me during times when I can't even deal with me.
Well...it's a start! Stay tuned for further ramblings.

-R

No comments: